Last reviewed 23 January 2020

Three new forms have been published to record public service vehicles (PSVs) with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). The correct form will depend on how the operator registered the vehicle with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).

The options are as follows:

  • VTP 788 for vehicles approved under European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval or National Small Series Type Approval

  • VTP 789 for a vehicle that has an Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) or a Certificate of Initial Fitness (COIF)

  • VTP 790 if it is necessary to notify DVSA of a change of registration mark for a public service vehicle.

All three forms can be found at GOV.UK. There is no fee to record or change the vehicle details with DVSA.

The forms include details of the documents that need to be included when forwarding them to

Completion of the relevant form only needs to be done once for each particular vehicle in order to allow an operator to book its annual test (MOT). The forms need to be completed after the operator or the dealer registers the PSV with DVLA (for details see

These forms will replace the “PSV Allocation of Registration Mark” (RM1 & RM2) forms and, from 1 March 2020, DVSA has confirmed that it will no longer accept the earlier forms.