Fire safety guidance strengthened for new high-rise homes

14 June 2022

Meeting recommendations from Phase One of the Grenfell Tower Inquiry, improvements to fire safety guidance and building regulations to ensure tall buildings are made safer in England have been introduced by the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC).

Workers feel unable to switch off from work

13 June 2022

Only 45% of employees feel that they can switch off from work, with the other 55% stating they feel pressured to respond to calls or check emails after working hours.

Urgent action needed on fuel prices

13 June 2022

With diesel prices up by 63% globally since January 2021, the International Road Transport Union (IRU) has launched a 17-point emergency plan for governments to tackle rising fuel prices and their impact on transport networks, energy security and decarbonisation plans.

Unmarked spy cabs to commence action on M6

13 June 2022

It is over six years since the police began using unmarked lorries to film HGV and other drivers on the move, but they remain continually able to identify bad examples of driving that might act as warnings to others.

Leading food group proposes new approach to trade policy

13 June 2022

While championing the interests of the UK’s food and drink industry, the new Trade and Investment Strategy put forward by the Food and Drink Federation (FDF) aims to strengthen choice and affordability for UK households at a time of rising inflation.