In order to drive a goods vehicle with a maximum authorised mass in excess of 3.5 tonnes or a passenger vehicle with more than nine seats, a licence known as a vocational licence or Group 2 licence is required.

Higher standards are required from professional drivers of goods and passenger vehicles. In order to obtain a vocational licence giving entitlement to drive larger goods and passenger vehicles, a driver has to pass an additional driving test and has to meet the fitness requirements, both medical and in relation to conduct.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?


Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Book a demo
Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat