Supported living services typically involve the provision of dedicated accommodation, which people with needs for care and/or general support, rent. A supported living service provider will require policies and procedures that deal with a person’s tenancy, which could involve the tenancy agreement, payment of rent and overheads and rules and regulations concerning the use of and care of the accommodation and property. These matters will all be dealt with through landlord-tenant relationships in line with housing law and are similar for all tenants of social housing.

The care and support needs of people in a supported living will vary and could include both non-regulated activity and regulated activity. Non-regulated activity could be in the form of general support over matters arising in the course of daily living and any problems or challenges the person might be facing, including over paying the rent, claiming welfare benefits, etc.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat