• Apply for a sponsor licence in order to be able to employ migrants from outside the European Economic Area (EEA).

  • Ensure that the various sponsorship duties under the points-based system (PBS) are properly carried out, including duties of record keeping, reporting and compliance.

  • Ensure that any individual brought into the UK on a Tier 2 intra-company transfer visa is able to stay in the UK for between 12 months and five years.

  • Before issuing a certificate of sponsorship to a prospective recruit, ensure that the job is at or above graduate level and that it passes the “resident labour market test” or is on the shortage occupation list or is an intra-company transfer.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?


Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Book a demo
Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat