• O-licences are issued by the Traffic Commissioner for the area in which the vehicle’s operating centre lies and will have effect anywhere in Great Britain. PSV Operator Licensing

  • Any trade or business whose vehicle is designed or adapted to carry nine or more passengers, and who takes payment for carrying passengers (hire or reward) requires a PSV O-licence. Who Needs an O-licence?

  • O-licences take four forms: standard national, standard international, restricted and special restricted licences. Types of O-licence

  • Care must be taken to licence small vehicles and stretched limousines correctly as either public service vehicles (PSVs) or private hire vehicles (PHVs). Licensing of Small Vehicles

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?


Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Book a demo
Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat