Key Updates

Updated: 6 may 2022

Preparing for International Operations

Leaving the UK

The haulier information and advice sites that previously checked driver documentation are due to close from 2000 on Friday 13 May 2022.

Goods Vehicle Movement Service

Hauliers who move goods between GB and the EU through a port in Great Britain must register for the Goods Vehicle Movement Service in order to get their goods through customs.

After they have registered, hauliers will need to obtain a goods movement reference which they will be able to do online.

The list of documents that a driver needs to carry is in the factsheet on Documents to be Carried on International Operations.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat