Drivers should ensure that they have the following documents (as applicable) in the vehicle before departing on an international journey. These requirements apply at least until the end of 2020. For operations taking place after that, see the Factsheet: Operating in the EU after Brexit.

For the goods:

  • TIR and ATA carnets for a journey beyond EU territory; they are not necessary for intra-EU movements.

  • Community Transit documents if the goods are not in free circulation.

  • Customs documents (eg SAD).

  • CMR Consignment Note for all “hire and reward” operations.

  • “Instructions in Writing” for dangerous goods transported under ADR.

  • “Document de suivi” if delivering goods in France.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?


Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Book a demo
Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat