Drivers should ensure that they have the following documents (as applicable) in the vehicle before departing on an international journey. Note that in some cases “document” may refer to information stored electronically in an on-board unit or a remote computer.

For the goods:

For all Journeys

  • CMR Consignment Note for all “hire and reward” operations.

  • Safety and security (S&S) UK exit declaration (EXS) and EU import declaration (ENS).

  • “Document de suivi” if delivering goods in France (may be incorporated within certain CMR notes).

For Journeys under Common Transit

  • Transit Accompanying Document (TAD) with MRN.

For Journeys under ATA Carnet

  • EU import declaration with Master Reference Number (MRN)

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?


Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Book a demo
Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat