O-licences are obtained by application to the DOE Transport Regulation Unit on form GVNI 79. The Unit will consider whether statutory requirements on good repute, financial standing, maintenance arrangements and, where appropriate, professional competence are met, together with the suitability of the nominated operating centre(s) where vehicles will be parked when they are not in use. Applicants for an O-licence are required to place a Notice in a local newspaper to make people living within the vicinity of the operating centre aware of the application and give them an opportunity to make environmental representations about the use of that place for lorry parking.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Book a demo
Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat