People with disabilities or significant health needs living in the community may require adaptations to their home or mobility aids in order to retain their independence. A health and social care assessment or assessment of need is usually conducted by local social service departments to ascertain the adaptations or aids needed.

Adaptations refer to alterations to the structure or construction of a building intended to accommodate the needs of a service user with a physical or sensory disability. Aids take the form of equipment, such as wheelchairs.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?


Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat