We currently ship goods to the USA on a Standard Individual Export Licence (SIEL), although our customer is asking us to change this to an Open Individual Export Licence (OIEL). I’ve been looking through some documentation I got on a training course on UK export license controls. It explains what both mean, but it’s still unclear to me what the difference is; I know SIELs are governed by quantity or value and I know OIELs are open but can an OIEL replace a SIEL? What is the difference between the two?

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?


Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Book a demo
Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat