Is there a mechanism for reporting hauliers/agents to HMRC who are not providing us with the correct paperwork? I am dealing with a carrier who refuses to provide an S8 — the official Goods Departure Message I need to evidence VAT zero-rating of the export.

The goods are destined for Switzerland, however this carrier says they do not provide S8s and the discharge of the T1 is proof of clearance on the other side.

Is this correct or should I be asking them to complete the C1602?

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?


Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat