I’ve seen that the UK Government has issued an Open General Export Licence (OGEL) just in case there is no deal for “Dual Use” items going to the EU. I have registered through the Shared Primary Information Resource Environment (SPIRE) on the Export Control Organisation (ECO) website but I wondered what the UK will do to replace the Union General Export Authorisations (UGEAs), the main one which permits the export of dual-use controlled items to the USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, Norway, Switzerland (including Liechtenstein) and New Zealand. As a business, we need this UGEA to trade with these markets. Am I correct in assuming a “no deal” will mean this can’t be used for those shipments?

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?


Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Book a demo
Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat