We have recently imported some goods from Japan, they were previously sold by us to the Japanese company but they, unfortunately, need to be repaired. The freight forwarder has declared the goods to Inward Processing (IP) under the Authorisation by Declaration procedure, which I believe we can use three times a year if necessary. The forwarder explained that we need to return the goods to Japan within six months and submit a Bill of Discharge (BoD) to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) in Belfast at the National Import Reliefs Unit (NIRU). Can you explain the codes the freight forwarder used on the import entry?

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?


Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Book a demo
Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat