As you have probably been told many times, some agents are unable to follow clear IPR (Inward Processing Relief) instructions on customer paperwork, and choose to ship under the Customs Procedure Code (CPC) 1000001 (Standard Export Procedure). I have had two freight forwarding agents tell me now that the customs form C81 (request to amend an export entry) can no longer be used for CPC Code change. They say there is no longer a requirement for an export entry to be changed when the error has been spotted and highlighted as part of our control process, and our records are updated accordingly. Is this true? I can’t believe customs have given freight agents a “get out of jail free” card. This really isn’t going to improve their vigilance and accuracy with paperwork. Please could you confirm that all I have to do is show evidence in my file of the agents’ errors for any future customs audit and, if so, should I keep a log of the affected files? Do I need to notify our Customs control office? Your advice would be appreciated.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

No Subscription?


Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Book a demo
Call an Expert:

0800 231 5199

Talk to us on

live chat